The value marked a decrease of 26.5 percent over the previous month and a drop of 48.9 percent when compared with the last 12-month average of $474.62 million.
The UK held a 2.4 percent share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $10 billion in December 2019.
The UK recorded 53 deals during December 2019, marking a decrease of 11.7 percent over the previous month and a drop of 7.02 percent over the 12-month average. The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 43.6 per ent of the overall value during December 2019.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $105.84 million, against the overall value of $242.62 million recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of December 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- IDInvest Partners’ $50 million venture financing of Ogury
- The $20 million venture financing of Solve HQ by Advancit Capital, Elisabeth Murdoch, Lightspeed Management Company and Upfront Ventures
- Digital East Fund 2013SICAR, Gapminder VC, LAUNCHub Ventures and OTB Ventures’ $14m venture financing of FintechOS
- The $11.5 million venture financing of Current Health by Legal & General Group, MMC Ventures, Par Equity and Scottish Investment Bank
- Umbra Capital Partners’ venture financing of Hastee Pay for $10.34 million.